NJEA CONVENTION NEWS
NOVEMBER 7 & 8TH 2013
ATLANTIC CITY CONVENTION CENTER
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ
OCCEA HOSPITALITY SUITE
You are cordially invited
OCCEA HOSPITALITY SUITE!
PLACE: THE ATLANTIC CITY SHERATON
PEARL BALLROOMS 1, 2, & 3
TIME: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Disability Insurance – Special Open Enrollment Period
Prudential has announced that it will hold an open enrollment for the NJEA-sponsored disability insurance program at the NJEA Convention next week. Any member who wishes to take advantage of this opportunity must physically visit the Prudential booth (number 2040 in the Sponsored Vendor area). Special applications will be provided for this limited open enrollment with Prudential reps writing the member’s name on each application. Completed applications may be immediately handed in or can be mailed back within 60 days to be considered part of this open enrollment.
The value of open enrollment is:
· No health questions asked – you cannot be denied coverage if you are an active NJEA member currently working at least 15 hours per week.
· Can enroll for the first time for a benefit level up to two-thirds of your income.
· Can increase your existing benefit level by $500 per month without answering health questions.
· Benefits are paid over and above sick leave pay.
· Three plans to choose from, each with options to tailor coverage to your specific needs.
Full Optical Shop
Optical Academy will have a complete optical shop set up at booth 1841
at the NJEA Convention. Members are encouraged to make appointments at https://www.optical-academy.com/calendar/
by clicking on the day of their choice. The special NJEA pricing will apply to everyone who visits their booth.
Be sure to scan your badges at each area of the convention floor to enter the many giveaways. At the Sponsored Vendor area, there will be two hefty prizes. On Thursday, a gift basket from Premium Outlets with over $1,000 in merchandise and gift cards will be given away. On Friday, a week fly-drive vacation in California will be awarded by Bravo Tours.
- See you in Atlantic City!
GARDEN STATE FORWARD & NJEA ELCTION VIDEO
Click the link below to watch the video.
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
HINTS FOR MANAGING CONFLICT
1. Know the issues.
2. Learn how people and organizations work.
3. Accept differences in ways that will allow you to overcome stereotypes and deal realistically with others.
4. Speak with respect; avoid words and behaviors that might offend or put down others.
5. Learn from each other.
6. Pay attention to others by giving them recognition.
7. Create agreements that work.